Search This Blog

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Get a flu shot!

You've seen some controversy in the media, created by mostly uniformed people including even some politicians, claiming that public health shots are not safe.

Rarely does this deal with the flu, but some have even questioned the logic of getting flu shots.

I did not get one this year. I don't know why. I just never got around to it. The rest of my family did. Just not me.

So instead I got the flu.

It was much much much much worse than this!

I will never make that mistake again. For the first time in my 18 year teaching career, I missed two consecutive days of work due to being sick. Moreover, I was the sickest I've been probably ever as an adult.

103.8 degree fever. Intense chills for an hour at a time while unable to get warm no matter what I did, followed by being drenched in sweat and unable to get cooled off no matter what I did.

I was literally stuck to the couch for days. I was unable to get up except for emergencies. I was unable to stomach much in the way of food or drink.

My humble advice to you? Get a flu shot. I will never miss another year.

Don't be a baby! Get the shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment