Search This Blog

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Trayvon Martin case blowing up in the media

Everywhere you look, there is the Trayvon Martin case. (I am sure the Law & Order franchise will make an episode about it ASAP).

This is from the New York Times:

even though he was unarmed and on foot and his killer was in a car and armed (and had been advised by the police dispatched to not follow Trayvon)?
 
Which one is the bad guy? Who needs self-defense? Duh.
 
 
Talk about disgusting. I really wish the news media would reach out to experts who study this for a living so that the most important issues would be covered and the uniformed idiots would go away. As criminal justice scholars it is our duty to insert ourselves into these discussions. I am trying. But it is also the responsibility of the media to  reach out to us for interviews and appearances.
 
Look me up. I'm in the book!


 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment