Count them up. the first section contains stories under a headline called, "The Latest."
- 5th Calif. victim dies; new details
- Shooter was 'ready for battle'
- NEW 15 killed by bomb in Iraq market
- Jury selection starts for Zimmerman
- Promoter: I slapped 'despondent' M.J.
- 7 Taliban die in attempt on Americans
- Simon Cowell egged during show
- Watch smiling woman heave eggs
- Scout hike in heat turns deadly
- Police: 4-year-old shoots, kills dad
- 11-story building gone in 10 seconds
How many deal with crime or disaster? 8 of them.
Then 2 deal with Simon Cowell being egged on a TV show. Yeah, that is important news right there. (and technically a crime, raising the total to 10 of 11 stories dealing with crime or disaster).
Then, under a section titled, "More Top Stories," there are these stories:
- Nelson Mandela in intensive care
- Philly crane operator denied bail
- NJ detective charged with murder
- Ariel Castro indicted on 329 counts
- Actress arrested in ricin case | Photos
- Copperhead snake corners girl, 4
- Boy, 11, learns CPR, saves brother
- Odd way daughter found stolen car
- Paris Jackson investigation ordered
- Erdogan: 'Patience has an end'
- Breastfeeding could save billions Time
- Video game consoles through time HLN
- LeBron dominates despite off night
That's 13 more stories. How many deal with crime or disaster? 6.
And then there are your sports stories as well as stories I'd call straight up silly. Somehoe vido game consoles through time is a top story.
And what is CNN's top story today?
Edward Snowden admits he's behind of one of the biggest leaks in U.S. history. He exposed a top-secret program that collects phone and Internet data. FULL STORY
Yep, it's a crime story.