A majority of Americans say the government shutdown is causing a crisis or major problems, a new CNN/ORC Poll shows. FULL STORY
- Day 7: Things you need to know
- Photos: Sorry, we're closed
- Shutdown forecast: Clouds ahead
- Glimmer of hope or rhetoric?
- Amber Alert website restored
- A LOOK THROUGH the slimdown contingency plans of the federal government shows some commissions and agencies have zero employees reporting for work, prompting watchdog groups to ask the question: Why do they even exist?
- 7 not-so-essential things still operating during slimdown
- Amber Alert website brought back online after outcry
- Pols probe reports of property owners kicked off federal land amid slimdown
- Dem rep tries to block oil, gas exploration during partial shutdown
- You know that one guy who successfully signed up for ObamaCare? He didn't
- TODD'S AMERICAN DISPATCH: Feds shut down roadway, block off graveyard
More people blame GOP for shutdown
New York Times:
By STEVEN ERLANGER
Five years after a financial crisis in the United States helped spread a deep global recession, much of the world again fears it could be collateral damage.
By JACKIE CALMES
President Obama said Speaker John A. Boehner should hold a vote in the House on a measure to finance the government.
COLUMN | You sent these lawmakers here, voters. That imported brand of cuckoo is what’s causing this shutdown.