Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Just look at what counts as news

... as in newsworthy.

As in it is important that you know this.

So you can be informed about the world and make sense of it.

Inmates: Doctor basically confessed  Inmates: Doctor basically confessed 
Amanda Knox's ex speaks at trial
Missing Mississippi family found dead  
Michelle Knight reveals horrors  Michelle Knight reveals horrors
Knight: Captor lured me with puppiesFireball explodes in front of home  Fireball explodes in front of home
Pregnant mom stabbed while online
 Pregnant mom stabbed while online
Oops -- class shirt has gang sign  Oops -- class shirt has gang sign
Jesus spotted in the NYC marathon?
 Jesus spotted in the NYC marathon?

Look at these stories and then ask yourself:

Are these stories I need to know about?

Do they increase my understanding of the world?

Do they make me more informed?

Do they at least make me better comprehend the things that actually threaten me?

If not, why are they in the news?








No comments:

Post a Comment