The Democratic-led Senate rejects a proposal by the GOP-led House to derail Obamacare, sharply raising the chances of a government shutdown. FULL STORY
- Senate pulls page from Yogi Berra and sends House into 'deja vu all over again,' killing a GOP counter-proposal that would have delayed ObamaCare— and sending Boehner back to consider yet another proposal to stall implementation.
- Does gov't shut down at midnight?
- Delay in Spanish-language site launches
- Senate approves bill to pay military
- Impact of gov't shutdown on travelers
- Impact of shutdown for Americans
- Will Congress take down website?
- ObamaCare 'Much Ado About Nothing?'
- Wall Street rolls eyes at DC dysfunction
There is a lot of serious analysis of the issue of a government shutdown, what is behind it, who is to blame, who will take the blame, etc.
You can find this analysis on news websites, newspapers, magazines, even blogs.
As for me, all I have to say is, "Sweet Jesus, when will these people ever grow up and do their jobs?"
Let's remember these people are paid more than one hundred thousand dollars to do this "work" and many of them are multimillionaires. All of them are adults.
Isn't it time they finally grow up and do the people's business?