Search This Blog

Thursday, January 13, 2011

You always remember your first ...

First kiss ...

First, well, you know ...

But every year we do this.

We learn of the first baby born in the new year.

And we learn of the first person murdered every year in the city in which we live.

We never do anything about it. But we can count on the media to report it.

"The night before I’d actually seen the little blurb about Charlotte's first murder. I didn't click on it -- I was thinking it’s never anybody you know," so says a friend.

Only this time it was.


http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/01/13/1977304/friends-remember-charlottes-first.html

1 comment:

  1. I have recently had a very sudden and unexpected death in my family, and Ii will always remember where I was and the feeling that struck. It is a difficult pill to swallow, and always hard to talk about. This death changed my life tragically by adding 4 young kids to my immediate family. Loss is hard and the strength we find within ourselves to get through it is unexpainable.

    ReplyDelete